- Bellevue College faces furor over attempt to whitewash a city father's white supremacist legacy Feb 29, 2020 2:00pm MST by David Neiwert, Daily Kos Staff
- A Taste of Home in a Hostile Place The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor during World War II led to President Roosevelt’s declaration of Executive Order 9066, resulting in the internment of Japanese-Americans, many of whom were US citizens. In an attempt to protect national security, 100,000 Japanese Americans were herded to ten War Relocation Centers in seven states for the remainder of the war.
- Japanese American Veterans Association "The Japanese American Veterans' Association, Inc. (JAVA), is a fraternal and educational organization with many purposes: Preserving and strengthening comradeship among its members; Perpetuating the memory and history of our departed comrades; Educating the American public on the Japanese American experience during WWII; and Striving to obtain for veterans the full benefit of their entitlements as veterans."
- Japanese American Veterans Association Facebook Page
- SURVIVORS OF JAPANESE INTERNMENT SPEAK OUT AGAINST IMMIGRANT DETENTION Tina Vasquez Prism Updated Feb 21, 2020. https://www.ourprism.org/1920731?fbclid=IwAR0m5mECyMYD17pv-NK8FrLOta48FsgUEjVdt6Fg_2MjkD4yjs-Kcn8-ETc
"There was this old man who had served in the Spanish American war - we put him in camp too." Sally J. Soto